Boys & Girls Clubs of Middle Tennessee’s Commitment to Our Community, Stakeholders, and Donors
Along with the rest of the world, we’ve been closely monitoring the evolving situation with COVID-19. It has brought uncertainty and disruption to the communities we support, but Boys & Girls Clubs of Middle Tennessee’s top priority has not changed: the health and safety of the youth we serve.
For over 117 years, Boys & Girls Clubs of Middle Tennessee has done whatever it takes to enable all young people, especially those who need us most, to reach their full potential. Even during these challenging times, we are doing everything we can to ensure the well-being of our Club members, as well as the staff and volunteers who work at/with the Club.
Thanks to your ongoing support, we have continued to employ our staff and utilized this time to best pivot our organization to the needs of our youth. Here are some of the proactive steps we’ve quickly taken to continue to protect the well-being of our members, as well as to continue the important work of BGCMT:
- Produced digital content for a Virtual Club focused on academic success, healthy lifestyles, and creative activities for youth to engage with at home.
- Distributed over 3,100 meals through our Clubs to members and local families affected by the virus and facing food insecurity.
- Reinforced our Standard Operating Procedures on safety, with additional emphasis on virus prevention protocols across the organization and to our Club members’ families.
- Conducted annual online trainings for child safety, best practices, and programming.
- Advocated for the needs of our youth at the state and national level.
- Taken extra steps to ensure our Clubhouses are clean and sanitized. The safety and well-being of our Club members remains our foremost priority, and we will continue to share updates with you as quickly and transparently as possible.