POSITION DESCRIPTION TITLE: Director of Finance
REPORTS TO: Chief Financial Officer
STATUS: Full-time, Exempt
Working with the CFO, is responsible for the accounting, financial reporting, budgeting, internal accounting controls and financial analysis functions of the Boys & Girls Clubs of Middle Tennessee. The Controller must be able to timely produce and properly analyze and interpret the financial information of the organization, in both verbal and written form. With the CFO, support the CEO, Executive, and Finance Committees of the Board.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
Review all general ledger accounts or reconciliations of accounts on a monthly basis.
Prepare or supervise the production of all monthly financial statements and related reports necessary for leadership presentation, including variance analysis and financial projections.
Working with the CFO, prepare or direct the preparation of all information, reports, schedules, analyses, etc. required for a timely and efficient completion of the annual audits, tax returns, and other required filings of the Boys & Girls Clubs of Middle Tennessee.
Directly responsible for working with all sites in the development of annual budgets.
Monitor cash balances, on a daily basis, and report on long and short-term cash and credit line usage.
Review the accuracy of all monthly bank and investment account reconciliations to the general ledger and third-party provided balances.
Provide timely assistance to all functional areas of the organization, including but not limited to Club Operations, Human Resources, and Resource Development (including Grants Administration).
Work closely and collaboratively with the CFO to ensure that all expectations of the finance department are met and monitor a calendar of financial cycles that includes tax, audit, regulatory and other management reporting deadlines.
Participate in the development, communication and achievement of organizational financial policies and goals, ensuring strong internal controls.
Design and implement systems to improve workflows and meet new and complex requirements for management information and reporting.
Other duties as assigned by the CFO.
- BA/BS in Accounting, Finance, or related field
- 5-10 years of experience in the areas of financial accounting, financial reporting, managerial accounting, and/or controllership
- Advanced degree in Accounting, Finance, or related field
- 10 or more years of experience in the areas of financial accounting, financial reporting, managerial accounting and/or controllership
- 5 or more years of experience in financial accounting, financial reporting, managerial accounting and/or controllership in a nonprofit
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES:
- Knowledgeable of the accounting and reporting requirements under Generally Accepted Accounting Principles as they relate to nonprofit organizations
- Knowledgeable of the accounting and reporting requirements of Internal Revenue Codes relevant to nonprofit organizations
- Strong project management skills, follow-through and outstanding customer service skills
- Proven sound judgement and creativity in problem solving
- Strong Excel and accounting software skills. QuickBooks a plus
- Flexibility to work varied hours especially as business seasonality and service needs change
- Travel among sites and to activities as needed
This position is Alternative Workplace Eligible
Download this application
Send completed application and/or resume with cover letter to Tammy Hammond-Loth at firstname.lastname@example.org; or mail to Boys & Girls Clubs of Middle Tennessee, attn: Tammy Hammond-Loth, 1704 Charlotte Ave., Suite 200, Nashville TN 37203; or fax to (615) 833-4381.
The information presented indicates the general nature and level of work expected of employees in this classification. It is not designed to contain, or to be interpreted as, a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, qualifications, and objectives required of employees assigned to this job.