POSITION DESCRIPTION TITLE: Education Director
REPORTS TO: Club Director
STATUS: Full-time, exempt
Under limited supervision from the Club Director, the Program Director is responsible for overseeing the delivery of a broad range of programs and activities within the three Priority Focus Areas of Academic Success, Healthy Lifestyles, and Good Character and Citizenship. The Program Director must plan, develop, schedule, oversee implementation, and supervise daily program activities and program staff.
Prepare Youth for Success:
1. Plan and oversee the administration of designated Club programs and activities that support Youth Development Outcomes:
• Establish Club program objectives consistent with organizational goals and mission.
• Oversee the provision of day-to-day program activities in accordance with established standards and goals.
• Ensure that members are encouraged to participate in a variety of program areas/activities and receive instruction and constructive feedback to develop skills in program area(s).
• Demonstrate leadership to assure conduct, safety and development of members.
Program Development, and Implementation:
1. Establish and maintain Club program goals and settings that insure the health and safety of members. Ensure that site staff understand and effectively communicate standards of program; that they ensure program areas are safe, well ventilated and well lit; and that club equipment is maintained in good working condition.
2. Ensure the evaluation of Club programs on a continual basis and ensure programs/activities respond to member needs and address their gender and cultural diversity.
3. Control Club programs and activity expenditures within approved budget.
1. Allocate and monitor work assigned to program volunteers and staff, providing ongoing feedback and regular appraisal. Identify and support training and development opportunities for assigned volunteers and staff.
2. Oversee proper record keeping and reporting to included but not limited to: grant deliverables, program evaluations, activities, events conducted, breakdowns of daily participation figures, notable achievements, problems/issues.
3. Ensure productive and effective performance by all program staff and volunteers.
Marketing and Public Relations:
1. Increase visibility of Club programs via posting of daily schedule, announcements of upcoming events, and the dissemination of timely information for the development of advertising and promotion through mailings, fliers, and media releases.
Internal: Maintain close, daily contact with Club staff (professional and volunteer), Club members, and supervisor to receive/provide information, discuss issues, explain or interpret guidelines/instructions; instruct, and advise/counsel.
External: Maintain contact as needed with external community groups, schools, member's parents and other to assist in resolving problems.
1. May oversee special programs and/or events (i.e. Keystone, Youth of the Year and Awards Programs), and/or participate in the implementation of other unit activities as necessary.
2. May be required to drive Club van periodically.
3. May consult with parents concerning member and branch issues.
4. May handle deposits and banking transactions.
5. Act as Club Director as needed.
Possess a Bachelor’s degree in related field, from an accredited college or university, or equivalent experience.
• A minimum of five years’ work experience in a Boys or Girls Club or similar organization planning and supervising activities based on the developmental needs of young people.
• Strong communication skills, both verbal and written.
• Group leadership skills, including an understanding of group dynamics as well as staff management.
• Demonstrated organizational, and project management abilities.
• Mandatory CPR and First Aid Certifications
PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS/WORK ENVIRONMENT:
High energy level, comfortable performing multifaceted projects in conjunction with day-to-day activities. Ability to get along with diverse personalities: tactful, mature, and flexible. Physical requirements include: good eyesight and hearing, constant standing, walking, sitting, stooping, grasping/motor dexterity skills and lifting regularly.
Please enter your contact information below. This is for communication purposes only and will not display on your listing.
Sign up for news, updates, and moments of impact from our Clubs.