Position Title: Club Director At-Large
Department: Operations Report To: Director of Operations
Major Duties and Responsibilities for Club Director At-Large:
1. Provide and ensure the delivery of programs reflecting the Boys & Girls Club mission and values. Provide assistance to Club staff during Club operating hours by positioning oneself in program areas ensuring groups are rotating, programs are operating, and organization is maintained.
2. Manage the facility in a manner that will assure a safe and clean environment for members and staff; supervise Club van usage to ensure that it is inspected and maintained properly.
3. Manage personnel in a manner that will assure a positive and nurturing Club environment. Participate in the hiring and recruiting for all Club positions, and when appropriate, follow the necessary plan of discipline in accordance with the BGCMT Employee handbook. Conduct Club staff meetings. Evaluate staff on periodic and yearly basis.
4. Manage members in a manner that will assure a positive and nurturing Club environment. Document member disciplinary incidents, contact parents/guardians, and follow the necessary plan of discipline. Act on behalf of the Club as the primary contact for parents and members when handling matters of discipline.
5. Maintain accurate statistical accountability of all Club operations, including payroll, program schedules and food programs; utilizing software, track membership, daily attendance and Club activities. Operate the Club within its annual budget.
6. Ensure programs, services, and activities that facilitate achievement of community, school, United Way, and local, state, and federal grant outcomes.
7. Act on behalf of the Club to interpret the Boys & Girls Club mission to the community; establish and maintain a positive public image by leading community networking initiatives attend regularly scheduled meetings as assigned by BGCMT and other collaborating agencies.
8. Perform other job-related tasks as assigned by the Vice President of Operations.
Relationships: Internal: Maintains close contact with Club staff and volunteers, local Board of Managers, other Club Directors, Administrative Office staff and Boys & Girls Clubs of America regional and national staff.
External: Maintains contact with Club members, parents, schools, community agencies, civic groups, and the general public.
Physical Requirements/Work Environment: Minimal physical effort required to sit, stand, bend, stoop, lift and walk. Maximum unassisted lift = 40 lbs. Average lift less than 25 lbs. Requires ability to use computer, various standard and specialized software and database systems, keyboard, calculator and typical office machines. May require traveling by vehicle to other locations for trainings, meetings and/or fieldtrips. Club Director At-Large Skills/Knowledge Required: • Bachelor’s Degree required with 3-5 years relevant experience • Strong communication skills, both verbal and written • Strong organizational skills • Demonstrated ability in staff supervision, facilities management and retention of staff members • Working knowledge of budget preparation, control and management • Demonstrated ability to work with young people, parents and community leaders • Experience in a Boys & Girls Club or similar organization planning preferred and supervising programs based on the developmental needs of young people
Disclaimer: The information presented indicates the general nature and level of work expected in this classification. It is not designed to contain, or to be interpreted as, a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, qualifications and objectives required of employees assigned to this job.
Please enter your contact information below. This is for communication purposes only and will not display on your listing.
Sign up for news, updates, and moments of impact from our Clubs.