POSITION DESCRIPTION TITLE: Education Specialist
REPORTS TO: Club Director or Program Director
STATUS: Part-time, non-exempt 10-20 hours per week (this job can be shared equaling 20 hours)
JOB SUMMARY: Plans, implements, supervises and evaluates activities provided within a specific program area, such as Character and Leadership Development, Health and Life Skills, Education and Career Development, The Arts, and/or Sports, Fitness and Recreation. Assists in the delivery of organizational and Club specific goals.
• Assist in curriculum development by preparing lesson plans and various activities for members to engage in. Promote diverse programming on a daily basis.
• Create individual lesson plans for students to overcome academic challenges and achieve academic success.
• Provide individual assessments for ongoing successful achievement of academic goals.
• Provide program leadership in academics, arts and crafts, sports fitness, and other areas as determined by supervisors.
• Create an environment that facilitates the achievement of Youth Development Outcomes, including:
• Promote and stimulate program participation
• Assess new members academic needs and participate in the Club orientation process
• Provide guidance and role modeling to members
• May be asked to participate in organization wide events in the Club
• May participate in special programs and/or events
* Bachelors/Masters in Education or related field
*Teacher licensing or Paraprofessional Licensing
* Knowledge of computers at beginning level of Microsoft Office
* Excellent communication skills
*Ability to motivate youth and manage behavior problems
*Ability to organize and supervise members in a safe environment
* Must pass a background check, fingerprint, and physical examination
* Bachelor’s or Associate’s degree, or Certification preferred, or working toward degree in related field * Knowledge of youth development
* 1 to 2 years of experience working with children and/or youth
* CPR and First Aid Certifications
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES: Maintain close, daily contact with Club staff, volunteers, members, (youth), to receive / provide information, discuss issues, explain guidelines and instructions. Instruct, advise, and counsel Provide tutoring and mentoring through interactions and other opportunities.
PHYSICAL WORKING CONDITIONS: While performing the duties of this job, the employee may be required to stand; walk on uneven surfaces; sit; handle or feel objects; reach with hands and arms; climb stairs; balance; stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl; talk or hear; taste or smell. The employee must be able to lift up to 40 pounds. The employee may be exposed to weather conditions prevalent at the time. The noise level is usually minimal to moderate. This description is a summary of the functions of this position. Other duties may be assigned as needed.
DISCLAIMER: The information presented indicates the general nature and level of work expected of employees in this classification. It is not designed to contain, nor to be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, qualifications and objectives required of employees assigned to this job.
Please enter your contact information below. This is for communication purposes only and will not display on your listing.
Sign up for news, updates, and moments of impact from our Clubs.